6-8 large broccoli florets
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
2 large cloves garlic, finely chopped
1-2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
2 Tbs butter
2 Tbs flour
3/4 cup water
1/4 cup powdered milk
2 Tbs sour cream
1/2 tsp dill
salt and pepper
1 cup cooked rice (optional)*
3 pieces Worthington canned FriChik, small dice, reserve liquid
- Clean broccoli florets and cut into small stems. Boil for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop cooking.
- Saute onions and celery in butter until clear but not browned. Add garlic and saute 30 seconds.
- In a measuring cup combine water, reserved liquid from the chicken, powdered milk and sour cream. Mix well.
- Coat skillet mixture with flour. Cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add liquids to the skillet all at once and stir until combined.
- Sprinkle dill, salt and pepper (to taste) over the sauce.
- Add chopped FriChik, cooled broccoli and rice*. Combine well.
- Can be served over a variety of things: whipped potatoes, biscuits, english muffins...
We had it over buttery fresh herb croutons.
*If not using cooked rice, I would increase the amount of chicken and broccoli by half.