I don't know how a social media provider with a primary purpose to stealthily invade one's privacy can be so ubiquitously popular.
There is no announcement or notification to users when functions or pages are added to everyone's account. The latest invasion of privacy is that if a phone syncs with facebook, all the phone numbers stored in the phone are visible on your Phone Contacts facebook page. All the contacts with a facebook account have a clickable link whether the contact is a facebook friend or not. When this was done, I have no knowledge. Is this page accessible to anyone beyond the owner of the account (me)? I do not know. The data IS available to facebook.
Okay, I admit I check facebook several times a day. Especially when I am very busy and do not have time to really communicate with people, checking status updates is quick. A short comment and they know I am thinking about them. BUT, I need a social media provider that lets me communicate with family and friends on my own terms, in my own way, at the time of my choosing without invading my privacy and using my information as a source of revenue. Is that possible??
Here is how to remove the Phone Contacts from your facebook account. It is done at a price . . .turning off the phone sync. How is one to stay informed without syncing? I don't know if this is a carrot or a stick, but I am ready to start a fire and roast the carrot.
1. All of the phone numbers of your contacts are now on facebook!
2. Go to the top right of the screen, click on ACCOUNT
3. On the left side of screen Click on EDIT FRIENDS then click CONTACTS
4. You will see all phone numbers from your phone (FB friends or not) are published that you have stored in your mobile phone.
5. TO REMOVE, go to the right column, click on "this page" and follow instructions.
I want to deface myself.