Friday, July 6, 2012

Starting Over

Today is my birthday, a day to begin anew.  Since my last post in October my life has changed in happy and sad ways.  Reminds me of a Charles Schultz book from my childhood, "Happiness is..." My copy, blue with Snoopy dancing on the front, is packed up; this is all I could find online.   

 

My husband gave me most of the series when were were dating.  He is my happiness.

Happiness is looking for the simple, uncomplicated and unexpected, visual, tactile, and auditory. Wonderful flavors and heavenly scents.   

Huggs, smiles, beauty, being loved and loving, a dog's wagging tail and squeaks of joy.  



Spending more time with my dad one on one.  (He is in a long term memory care facility now.)

Being protected. (I totaled my forever car in April.  Now I have a car I love with room for four.)  



The new project was not the house across the street.  It was our house! The beautiful laundry room nearly done. (I will post pictures when it is finished.)  
Starting on the old master bedroom this week!

Choosing not to apply for a job I really wanted.  LESS STRESS, my new boss is a joy.

New garden plan during the long, hot, drought. The veg garden is planted in pots. It's much easier to water and keep an eye on the plants.

Happiness is a new life in my life. 


Happiness is giving someone a home.


Happiness is learning a new culture.
First green beans, only 2, but hey.
A husband who loves me.  
Happiness is making him happy.
Knowing my kids are safe and happy.

Happiness is loosing weight-woo hoo!
Being healthy-able to do the things I want.
Making new friends.

Blogging.

  Making choices full of life...

Wishing happiness for you all...

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I hope you dance
I hope you dance

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Livin' might mean takin' chances, but they're worth takin'
Lovin' might be a mistake, but it's worth makin'
Don't let some Hellbent heart leave you bitter
When you come close to sellin' out, reconsider
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I hope you dance
I hope you dance

I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

Dance

I hope you dance
I hope you dance


Happiness is a choice, easier for some I know.  I hope you dance.



I will post when I have the time and something to share.

p.s.  This is an inauspicious start. My birthday was yesterday.


My birthday party was today! Thanks to many special friends in my life.





1 comment:

riTa Koch said...

I was so excited to see that you had come back to your blog, that I stopped before going to bed to read and respond. It is beautiful--the text and the images, and especially the message. It is good to know that you are well and happy, and ready to dance!
We just returned yesterday from a week away with no internet access, so I missed your birthday.
Blessings and the best in this new year!