Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Planning Again

When my mind gets going on designing a remodel, I loose track of time, forget to eat, and love every minute of it.  Planning the kitchen was addictive. I really don't want to know how many hours I sat at the computer getting the layout just right and scouring the web for inspiration, fixtures and finishes.  The kitchen has been done, except for the backsplash, for a year.  Time to start on the old kitchen space. It's been in a horrible state for a year.



This room should be my savior from clutter, laundry and cleaning  Everything lands on the old dining table or on the wall shelves that have been sitting on the floor for 18 months.  Half of the carpet is ripped out, the subfloor is exposed where the old cabinets were, holes in the wall are covered with duct tape to keep the cold and creepy crawlies out.



A contractor friend was here three weeks painting exterior trim and the interior hall.  He is coming back in January.  There are 6 weeks to get the layout just right.  Of course, every time I work on it I think it's just right.  Then my mind keeps thinking about it. I am on revision 6, and I think this one is perfect.  You see, there are a few things I really want, but it's hard to come up with a good design and make them fit.



Laundry Version 6.0




Before 



After, I hope!

Oh, I just got another idea. . .

No comments: