Friday, November 12, 2010

French Toast

A little sweet roll dough that just fit into a small loaf pan was left last week.  It is always a treat one way or another.  Sometimes I slice it and toast in in a skillet with a little butter.  It's good warmed with buttercream frosting, too. Love those bedtime snacks.

Breakfast was a more substantial today because Mr. C is home. (Wednesday, I am catching up!). Me likes bigger meals than I need to stick to my weight loss plan. He gets the blame if I gain weight those days, hehe.


This morning I defrosted the little cinnamon loaf to make French Toast.   Cracked open two eggs, added some half-and-half I am trying to use up, and the last of the milk, a little salt and freshly grated cinnamon.


Fried in in a little butter. 



 Okay, a lot of butter, didn't want it to stick. Grin.




My most important decision in eating any food is asking myself, "Is it work the calories?"  Pancake syrup is always "no".  Real maple syrup, on the other hand, is a spirited "YES".



It's a rare weekday when we are able to eat breakfast together.  
What a beautiful way to start the day.  
It's so good to have you home, Honey!

1 comment:

rita said...

How sweet, and scrumptious!