Friday, October 29, 2010

Gathering

Today is my dad's 86th birthday! He lives two-and-a-half hours away. We started celebrating yesterday with dinner out. We are going out to breakfast this morning.  Happy Birthday Dad! I love you!!!

I am learning the frustrations of blogging. Yesterday I wrote a blog post on my phone. It needed a few pictures from my computer so I saved it in drafts. So I thought... Here is the quick version, haha.  I'll be back home this afternoon.



The tomato plants are still growing. Loads of little green tomatoes and lots of flowers probably won't make it through the night. The low temperature should be about 29F. Wednesday afternoon I picked all the ripe tomatoes and harvested all the basil, sage, thyme and oregano.  They will  make the bakery smell good!




This was at test year for the little kitchen garden.
The west-facing corner just outside the kitchen &  bakery did great.  I need to figure out how to build a growing tower so next year the two cherry tomato plants don't take over the sidewalk! Rosemary did okay in the pot, but it didn't grow very much. I'll overwinter it in the house. 

With any luck, the tomato plants survived last night. I've read they can be hung upside down in the garage and the tomatoes will ripen.  I hope it is true... 



  If the basil roots, there will be fresh basil all winter. 

No comments: